Are you looking for a business grant to help your business growth in 2021?
Nigerians can now apply for a business grant this september through a United Nations Body .
The Aim of the Grant : The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa B.I.S (Business. Idea. Startup) Grant awards $25,000 to Africans with innovative ideas, brilliant startups and growing businesses.
The Target Audience: The grant is targeted at Africans who are running a business already or at the incubation stage.
it is immaterial the business has not kicked off yet, Whether it’s just an idea or an established business, the programme is structured to assist you access funds to grow the business.
- B.I.S GRANT 2021 ELIGIBILTY
The grant targets Target Audience are Citizens from 54 member countries of the African Union.
- Grant Prize is to empower five thousand (5,000) participants, which would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
- Eligibility Participants must be between the ages of 16 – 65 and should have a valid national means of identification.
THE PROGRAMMME STRUCTURE: The programme is structured in three stages Application stage,Interview stage,Verification stage.
How it is Processed:
- Application Stage Firstly, applicants shall apply via the online form below. Within 4-5 working days, an applicant should receive a positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
- Interview Stage Applicants who receive positive feedbacks shall have a virtual interview with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48-72 hours, the interview result should be disclosed.
- Verification Stage Finalist shall go through a process of thorough verification before any disbursement can be initiated.
CRITERIA FOR THE GRANT:
Criteria used in evaluating applications and awarding grants include:
- Financials: The applicant must explain How the grant funds would really contribute to the growth of his/her idea, startup or business.
- Integrity: The application should be filled with acurate information as we often,the agency will verify applicant claims.
- Team: The applicant will Explain why his/her team (if any) is best equipped to execute your idea, startup or business.
- Broader Impact: During the interview,,the applicant will share how the grant funds would impact your society at large.
- Age: Applicant must be above the age of 16 years and below 65 years.
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a bona fide citizen of an African country.
- Education: Applicant must have at least completed secondary or high school education.
- Conferencing Tool: Applicant must have a close-by device to initiate a video conferencing call.
how to apply visit bisgrant africa website