Securing a job from Nigeria to Canada can be a challenging task, but it is possible. Iin the course of this blog post, you will know some steps you can take to increase your chances of getting a job in Canada:
- Research the job market: Before you start applying for jobs, it is important to research the job market in Canada. Look for industries that are in demand and have a shortage of workers. This will increase your chances of finding a job. the industries that are always recruiting in Canada are
- Improve your language skills: Canada is a bilingual country, with both English and French being official languages. If you are not fluent in one or both of these languages, it is important to improve your language skills. This will make you more attractive to potential employers. you can also take ielts tests to test your language skills through ielts website.
- Obtain the necessary qualifications: Depending on the job you are applying for; you may need to obtain additional qualifications or certifications. Make sure you have all the necessary qualifications before you apply for jobs. for example, you can acquire or upgrade skills in information and technology courses such as software development and other high paying jobs, driving and cooking of local and international cuisine as well.
- Network: Networking is a great way to increase your chances of finding a job. Connect with people in your industry on social media,and other social networking sites, attend networking events, and reach out to professionals in your field. for example, if you are an accountant, join accountant’s groups on Facebook, and find out professionals who are practicing abroad or relocated to Canada, and how they scaled through.it is important for you to have worked in Nigeria,to have atleast work experience.
- Get Travel documents: Getting your travel documents ready is very important, because, an employer can just inquire of your preparedness to take the job, the documents if you are travelling abroad to Canada are, Valid International Passport, police clearance report, Transcripts of your university results, and University degree certificate for graduates, ielts results, employment offer from the recruiting company abroad.
- Apply for jobs: Once you have done your research, improved your language skills, obtained the necessary qualifications, and networked, it is time to start applying for jobs. Use job search websites, LinkedIn, indeed.com, monster.ca, and other job websites in Canada to find opportunities that match your skills and experience. be intentional in finding courses that can help upgrade your cv on course websites like coursera.org,udemy.com, sololearn etc. you will find thousands of courses to help you upgrade your cv, grow your capacity with reputable institutions and freelancers teaching courses online.
- Consider a job offer: If you receive a job offer, make sure to carefully consider the offer and ensure that it is the right fit for you before accepting. You will also need to obtain a work permit and possibly a visa before you can start working in Canada,your employer will take care of this for you in most occasion,or your job agent.
- Seek assistance from a licensed immigration consultant: An experienced immigration consultant can provide valuable guidance on the Canadian job market, the application process, and visa requirements. They can help you navigate the system and increase your chances of success. securing a job in Canada through an agent is very important, it helps you build your network of friends and can also be of help in settling down easier. most job agents are versatile and professional, they can also assist in writing an appeal where your visa experience rejection.
HOW TO ENTER INTO CANADA FROM NIGERIA
it is important to note that, to enter any country as a non-citizen, you must meet up with requirements, set down by their immigration department.
If you wish to enter into Canada, you must be able to answer these questions.
why do you want to go to Canada? are you going as a Visitor? that is as tourist Visitor or on family Transit (may be your family member inviting you? or you want to attend a meeting or conference sponsored by a company or organization or for trade or business? or for your medicals? or for Study or Work?
Note that canada immigration service provides self-services to applicants, you don’t need any consultant to move to canada. you can apply for both work permit, and visa from Canadian government website.
As a job applicant, it is indeed good for you to take your job offer and acceptance letter and make your work permit application to Canadian government website. pay the requisite fee and move on to the next process of visa processing for your immigration to canada through canadian government website.
Remember, securing a job from Nigeria to Canada is not an easy process and it may take time. However, with persistence, patience, and a solid plan, you can increase your chances of finding the job you want in Canada.
As a Tourist, you need the following documents to enter canada
i. Travel History Evidenced in Your Valid Passport and you must submit with your visa application.
ii. Your itinerary-these Documents will show how long you plan to stay and what you’ll do in Canada.
Copies of the relevant itinerary are:
- flight details
- hotel reservations
- registration for an event where it is for an event.
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS: this allows the Canadian immigration department to contact your bank, note your account must have been in good operation for past 6 months before your application for tourist visa.
IDENTITY DOCUMENTS-You must submit your means of identification from your country, your international passport is very important, A clear color copy of your valid passport or travel document that you’ll use to travel to Canada.
If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of
- the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
- any pages with stamps, visas or markings
If you have a travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your
- date of birth
- document number
- citizenship or residency status
- photo, and
- expiry date (if applicable)
FAMILY INFORMATION-Documents will be given to you to fill your family information and submit all during application.
where you have a minor, you need to show authority to go with the minor.