The African development bank group is now recruiting for the position of a director at their ethiopian branch.
All citizens from African member countries that meets eligibility can apply
Full vacancy title: Director, Joint Secretariat Support Office (PJSS)
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position Grade: EL5
Position Number: 50076435
Posting Date: 12-Sep-2022
Closing Date: 11-Oct-2022
COMPETENCIES & ELIGIBILITY (Qualifications, Experience & Skills):An applicant must possess
- At least a Master’s degree in Economics, Politics, International Relations, Development Studies, Law, Management, or related social sciences and interdisciplinary studies;
- An excellent understanding of contemporary debates in political economy, broadly understood, both in Africa and elsewhere, informed by both orthodox and heterodox socioeconomic and political and/or diplomatic theory;
- Strong familiarity with the role of other development finance institutions in facilitating socioeconomic reform and addressing poverty reduction in developing countries;
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in addressing challenges in developing countries, preferably gained in regional, continental, or international development agencies working in or in Africa or in public service, three (3) years of which should be at a managerial level;
- Solid understanding of regional integration and the workings of supranational organizations, (knowledge and/or experience with the workings of the African Union, African Regional Economic Committees, and other regional mechanisms would be a plus);
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including a proven ability to think strategically, see the big picture without sacrificing the details, proven negotiation skills and team building skills, as well as a credible ability to influence and present ideas;
- Capacity to connect, understand and influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to handle the high-level demands of a complex, multinational, multicultural organization, including the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong capacity to analyse actions from the perspectives of stakeholders, and to translate strategic thinking into compelling action plans;
- Demonstrated ability to take prudent business risks and make effective, timely and well-determined decisions;
- Ability to plan and manage staff to achieve high-quality results and encourage innovation in an open team-based environment, inspiring trust and influencing, and resolving differences across organizational boundaries;
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language; and
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software applications (Office suites, Enterprise Resource Planning; Collaboration Suites).
This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG(link sends e-mail)
Apply for this position
1- Regular Staff
If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.Apply for this position(link is external)
2- External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.Apply for this position(link is external)
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoeve