The registration of Non governmental Organisations such as Club, Foundation, Church, Mosque, Associations, Political Forums require a set down procedure.
Non governmental organisations registrations procedures in Nigeria is not the same as as procedures for registration of business names and limited liability company .
To begin with the objectives of any Non governmental organisation with purpose of carrying on business for profit purpose, can not be designated as an NGO.
What is a Non governmental Organisation ? According to Investopedia.com an NGO is called non-governmental organization (NGO) is a non-profit group that functions independently of any government. NGOs, sometimes called civil societies, are organized on community, national and international levels to serve a social or political goal such as humanitarian causes or the environment related causes. An Ngo is also referred to as a civil society organisation.
How To Register an NGO In Nigeria 2021:
Although an NGO is not a government agency, it still requires government approval before it can fully function as one.
The requisite approval stems from the processes it is required to pass through , to make sure it is piloted by people capable of doing such, people with a clean slate .
How to register an Ngo in Nigeria in 2021, we shall provide the steps for intending applicants.
- First Approach an Accredited CAC Agent .
- Tell the Cac Agent the Objectives of the Ngo.(objectives of Ngo is very crucial for pre-approval of name and Registrar General Consent).
- Give the cac Agent the proposed names of the Ngo
- Submit to the cac agent the residential address of the trustees
- Submit to the cac agent the identity card ,passport photo of the Trustees
- Submit to the cac Agent the date of birth, occupation,email address and proposed position of the founding trustees.
- Minimum number of trustees is two, maximum number of trustees is fifteen.
- Submit the Address of the Ngo to the cac Agent.
- pay for the name search, and consent of the registrar general
- Consent and search fee for an Ngo is six thousand Naira(6000) this will be more where the commission turns down the proposed name.
- Pay for Newspaper publication ( one local newspaper and national newspaper)
- If the commission approves the name search and gives consent to go ahead, the cac agent publishes the information on newspaper
- If After 28 days of the publication, the commission, expects you to compile your forms and the publication for assessment.
- The 28 days window might attract an objection from the public(if not then go ahead with the registration)
- prepare and forward your Ngo constitution and forward it to the commission
- prepare trustees declaration forms and swear them before a notary pubic or commissioner for oath.
- upload your information and vital relying documents to the commission
- Wait for the commission final approval or query.