Legal adviser job in lagos
A Leading radio Station in the English Format with head office in Lagos has vacancies for the position of Legal Adviser, who would also serve in the capacity of Company Secretary.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Serves as an advisor to the Group Chairman and Board of Directors on all matters relating to company law and corporate governance
- Provide accurate and timely advice on all legal and regulatory matters of the Company and support in legal and compliance-related matters
- Provides assistance to the business in ensuring compliance with all various legal requirements.
- Assists with ensuring that the Company meets its legal responsibilities under Nigerian Laws and Regulations.
- Manages the relationship with external legal firms and practitioners, as required.
- Ensures proper legal consultations are provided to departments/units.
- Conducts review of texts of standard contracts, agreements, legal correspondence, and forms as well as analysis of formal complaints against the Company and advice on measures of action.
- Prepares relevant periodic reports related to the department functions as and when requested by Executive Management.
- Acts as a primary point of contact and source of information, advice, and guidance for directors regarding the Company’s activities, in order to support the decision-making process
- Prepares communication letters upon arranging with the Chairman as the need arises, and handles the required communication to schedule/call for Board meetings
- Attends Board meetings, prepares minutes of meetings, and ensures prompt and timely circulation of the minutes to all Board members
- Documents and follows up on the issues requiring Board action as raised in subsequent Board meetings and recorded on the related meeting action sheet.
- To have custody of the seal of the company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Membership in the Nigerian Bar Association is required
- Must have worked in a law chamber.
- Possession of a Postgraduate qualification (i.e., LLM) is an added advantage
- A minimum of 4 – 5 years of working experience in a Media/Service environment is required, which includes post-call cognate experience at a managerial level.
- Membership in the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) is also an added advantage.
- Deep understanding of legal issues, including governance and legal compliance.
- Knowledge of conflict management
- Advanced knowledge of administrative laws
- Deep understanding of ethical rules and laws
- Excellent research and report-writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
Remuneration: NGN 300,000 – 350,000 per month + HMO, 13th Month salary, and other benefits.