Immigration Job In 2023
The Nigerian Immigration Service had just recently announced recruitment for 2023. The registration, which had started on the 18th of January, will close in two weeks, after which a CBT test will be conducted and all qualified candidates will be recruited.
New officers will fill vacancies in these 3 categories: Superintendent Cadre, Inspectorate Cadre, and Assistant Cadre.
Superintendent Cadre has the rank of Superintendent of Immigration (SI), which is mainly for professional doctors and more than 10 other professionals.
Also, there is a Deputy Superintendent of Immigration, mostly for pharmacists, and an Inspectorate Cadre, which is the highest rank, Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II. Only bachelor’s degree holders can apply for the position.
Under the inspectorate cadre, there are several other posts that OND holders, NCE holders, and Nabteb can apply for.
Additionally, the Assistant Cadre position is open to accepting WAEC and Neco certificate holders.
Category A: SUPERINTENDENT CADE
Superintendent of Immigration (SI) CONPASS 11 Professionals (Medical Doctors)
Applicants must possess a minimum of a first degree (MBBS) from a recognized institution of higher learning and a NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
Deputy Superintendent of Immigration (DSI) CONPASS 10
Applicants must possess a minimum of a first degree in pharmacy from a recognized institution of higher learning and a NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI II) CONPASS 08
Applicants must be holders of a bachelor’s degree, a higher national diploma, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Inspector of Immigration (II) CONPASS 07 (Nursing)
Applicants must be holders of the RN, RM, or both. and must have also attended the registration of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMC).
Assistant Inspector of Immigration (All), General Duty, CONPASS 06
Applicants must be holders of a National Diploma (ND), a National Certificate of Education (NCE), or its equivalent obtained from recognized institutions.
Immigration Assistant III (IA III) CONPASS 03 General Duty
Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO, GCE, or its equivalent with a minimum of four (4) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which must include English and mathematics.
Immigration Assistant III (IA III CONPASS 03)
Applicants must be holders of Ordinary Level SSCE, or its equivalents, and an appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
Requirements For Recruitment Into The Nigerian Immigration Service
Documents needed for application include an electronic passport photograph, birth certificate, National Identification Number (NIN), medical report from a recognized or government hospital, and education certificate. You may have to present a copy of these documents if you passed the CBT.
2. All candidates must be up to 18 years of age and above. 30 years of age for medical doctors and pharmacists; they cannot be more than 35 years old.
3. Every candidate will take a drug test; only those who pass will qualify and be recruited into the immigration service.
4. All applicants must be citizens of Nigeria by birth, and a birth certificate will be requested.
5. All applications have a minimum height of 1.65 m for males and 1.60 m for females. Those below will automatically be disqualified.
6. All registered applicants must take the online CBT test, and only those who pass will be recruited.
7. Applications are free and can be done from anywhere with a mobile phone or laptop by simply visiting their online registration portal.
8. The applicant must be financially stable.
9. Computer literacy is considered an additional advantage.
10. All applicants must have clean criminal records.
Things To Note
1. Applications close two weeks from registration
commencement, which is on the 30th of January.
2. Applying more than once will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be notified of the date they’ll take their CBT test.
4. The application is free of charge.
How To Apply
–Visit the online portal
–Create an account, and make sure you remember your password because you are going to need it to login after registration.
–Fill out all the information and upload the required documents.